You’ll love these propaganda lesson plans. Your students will build critical thinking skills and identify propaganda as you study commercials and why they are so compelling. They’ll love digging into how they persuade us with these lessons.
This workbook will help your students build those critical thinking skills as they analyze ads, speeches, or commercials and identify the type of propaganda used.
This print and digital resource includes:
1. The propaganda workbook with:
- warm up discussion question
- defining propaganda – What is it? Why is it important to identify?
- nine common forms of propaganda defined: bandwagon, card stacking, glittering generalities, loaded terms, name calling, ad hominem, plain folks, testimonial, and transfer.
- extra space for you to add an additional technique
- 4 graphic organizer note takers with guided questions
- 4 analysis questions that ask students to defend their analysis
- self -assessment
- Includes a link to a Prezi with real-life examples of different propaganda techniques
2. Bonus activity:
Create your Own Ad Campaign lesson includes
- project sheet
- graphic organizer
- editable rubric
- audience review slip for students to complete while classmates present their ad campaign
You’ll also have:
- answer key for a suggested commercial – makes it easy for you to model the lesson
- the link to a Prezi with video examples
You can choose four different ads, commercials, or speeches for your students to analyze.
Reasons to love this workbook and bonus lesson:
- Have everything you need for your propaganda lesson plans.
- Ready to use!
- Teach “I do, we do, you do” format to build analysis confidence.
- Bonus lesson is a BLAST! Students create an ad campaign for a fictional company that markets specialty toast!
- Teach listening skills with an end-of-unit ad campaign pitch!
- Perfect sub activity as well!
Be sure to check out the preview!
What teachers are saying:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Fantastic Resource! It is very easy to use and laid out wonderfully! Thank you for saving me so much time!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “All the yeses for this item! It was so engaging!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”It is very evident how much time and effort went into creating this resource! Thanks.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”A great addition to my World War II/Holocaust unit. Thank you.”
When you purchase this resource, you will find the link for the digital version on page six of the pdf.
You’ll also receive a Teacher Resource with suggestions for using the workbook and the Bonus “Create an Ad Campaign” lesson, the link to the digital slides, and answer key.
This is going to save you so much time — and your students will love it!