PRINT & DIGITAL. This resource has everything you need to practice summarizing skills in a fun and easy way. Build on your students’ love of graphic novels by allowing them to create summaries using graphic novel pages! The digital version is great for SAMR lessons that include technology.
Students practice determining the important elements of the plot, and then create visual summaries using a graphic novel style format.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- print and digital versions
- notes for summarizing
- checklist for creating a summary
- sample text for guided practice
- graphic organizers to break down the text
- additional practice pages for two more summaries of a text you or your students choose
- graphic novel pages for illustrations
- self assessment
- answer key
- suggestions for teaching
Your purchase includes the PowerPoint, Link to the digital version, Answer Key, and Print Resource.
Reasons to love this lesson:
- print & digital versions
- ready to use! Print front-to-back to make an 11 page booklet
- notes you can use for mini lessons – or student directions for independent work
- built-in text means you can teach right away
- tap into your students’ love of graphic novels
- creative outlet for students
- perfect for differentiation and scaffolding – choose the right texts for your students
- ideal sub activity
This is going to save you so much time!
Be sure to check out the previews.
You’ll be able to use this resource over and over again with any text you choose!