Are your students ready to write persuasive essays? I’ve got you covered with digital and print options! These 20 mini lessons will take your students through the entire writing process — plus, they’ll review and use ethos, pathos, and logos to construct their writing.
You’ll have everything you’ll need to get started teaching this today. Including:
- a print and digital version of the student workbook
- an editable unit calendar
- 20 mini lessons
- lesson plan suggestions for each mini lesson
- notebook covers that you can use to create a student workbook (2 options)
- answer key for selected lessons
- digital and print options
- additional persuasive texts to use to teach your mini lessons
The persuasive writing mini lessons include:
- What does it mean to write persuasively? Anchor chart
- Elements of persuasion
- Analyze persuasive speech (mentor text: Gettysburg Address for lessons 3 – 6)
- Analyze ethos, pathos, and logos
- Analyze persuasive language
- Analyze sentence structure
- Let’s write a persuasive essay (assignment)
- Expanding your ideas
- Picking a topic
- The strength of your position
- Knowing your audience and purpose
- Writing your thesis
- Creating an outline and looking for gaps
- Collecting research
- Incorporating persuasion into your writing
- Draft 1: Maintain a formal style
- Providing a conclusion
- Revising for clear, coherent writing, organization, and style
- Peer review
- Proofreading: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and writing
Reasons to love this resource:
- These lessons are ready to teach out of the box! Print or digital!
- They are perfect for writing workshop, centers, differentiation, scaffolding, and even tutoring.
- You can create a whole writing workbook for your students that you can bind with a spiral binding machine, staple, or three-hole punch and put into a folder with brads.
- You can also simply provide the mini lessons in any order — one at a time.
- Students really dig into persuasive writing with the mentor text.
- Students can work at their own pace.
When you purchase, you will receive a zipped file that contains the 48 pages of mini lessons, lesson plans, calendar, and answer key. You’ll also receive a file of two additional persuasive texts students can analyze.
Be sure to look at the preview pages!
You can get more tips for teaching persuasive writing in this post!
Questions? Pop me an email, and I’ll get right back to you!
There are no reviews yet.