Narrative Writing Prompts will get your students excited to start writing!
Students often struggle with choosing what to write about. Even with an open-ended narrative, students will claim they don’t have any ideas or ask, “What should I write about?”
These 22 narrative writing prompts will help with that. Students can choose one that sparks their interest or you can assign one. The prompts are open-ended and encourage creative ideas.
Here are 22 fun and engaging ways for students to get started. Perfect for your blended, in-person, or distance teaching environment.
Narrative Writing Prompts Include:
- 22 different open-ended, creative (and fun!) writing prompts
- print version that you can duplicate and share with your students or use in centers, warm ups, and more
- digital version that you can share through your distance learning classroom (Google Classroom) Share one or all the prompts. Students will be able to write directly into the slide.
Ways to Use These:
- Perfect for narrative and creative writing
- Warm ups, journal prompts, fast finishers, literacy centers
- Get students engaged with fun writing prompts that will spark their imagination!
- Keep your students engaged and excited about writing!
- You can randomly assign prompts or let students pick.
What teachers are saying:
- Mrs. G says, “Such an awesome and easy-to-use resource that my students have had tons of fun with.”
- From Tonda: “Engaging subjects that have helped my students in their daily writing assignments. Thank you!”
- Theodora says: “This helped my students to be able to understand how to start their own stories!”
What a fun way to get your students interested and excited about narrative writing. They’ll be able to spend time crafting their writing rather than agonizing over what to write about.
These also make for great writing warm ups and seed ideas for their writer’s notebooks.
Alternatively, use a different one several days in a row to allow students to develop ideas during a sustained writing block. Or — use one every Monday and allow students to work on their story each day for a week. After a few weeks, they can choose one of their stories to revise for their narrative.
Check the preview for details.
This is going to save you so much time!
Not sure if this is for you? Send me an email and we can chat!
There are no reviews yet.