You’ll love teaching narrative writing with this ready easy-to-use unit of 21 mini lessons. You’ll have everything you need to get started today — step-by-step mini lessons take your students from defining a narrative to the finished product.
When you download, you’ll find the link to the digital version in the PDF. Click on the link, copy to your drive, and share with your students!
- editable unit plan
- lesson plans for each mini lesson
- 21 mini lessons that will guide students through the writing process step-by-step
The mini lessons:
- What is a narrative (anchor chart)
- Reading a narrative
- Assignment sheet & rubric
- Gathering ideas, part I
- Gathering ideas graphic organizer, part II
- Free writing
- Establishing the sequence
- Establishing context and point of view
- Creating a first draft
- Narrative technique: characters
- Narrative technique: dialogue
- Narrative technique: pacing
- Narrative technique: description
- Narrative technique: reflection
- Transitions: Words, phrases, clauses
- Word choice: relevant descriptive details and precise words
- Word choice: sensory language
- Crafting a conclusion
- Revising for clear, coherent writing, organization, and style
- Peer review
- Proofread: Demonstrate command of conventions
Each mini lesson includes:
- student-friendly standard
- student task
- clear directions that will make it easy for you to model
Reasons to love this resource:
- Print & digital — so easy to use!
- Start teaching today!
- Perfect for writing workshop
- Less planning & more teaching!
If you love mini lessons, you may be interested in:
There are no reviews yet.