A whole year of mini lessons! No planning needed! You’ll save tons of time by using these print and digital mini lessons to teach all your reading information texts and reading literature lessons!
You’ll have mentor texts, “I Can” statements, student activities, and lesson plans — so you can spend more time helping your students and less time planning and searching for resources!
Plus, you can use these lessons with any texts. You can scaffold, differentiate, work on text prep, use for literature circles …dig down into those reading skills every day without a ton of work!
And you get digital and print versions of both!
These 49 mini lessons break the Reading Literature standards and Informational Text standards down into manageable, bite-sized, easy-to-teach segments. Perfect way to differentiate reading texts to reach all learners!
You will be able to increase text complexity and student independence by using these mini lesson activities repeatedly throughout the school year with any literature or nonfiction text.
Reasons to love these mini lessons:
- Mini lessons include the lesson & activity for students to complete
- Students can cut the activity section off to be used as an exit card or formative assessment
- “Student friendly” standard posters to print or project
- No time to pull texts? No problem! Mentor text files are included so you can get your students working right away! Every lesson has a mentor text that you can use.
- Answer keys
- Mini lessons can be taught with any text, multiple times, proving scaffolding as students work on more challenging texts
- Ready to use – print and teach!
- Complete digital versions for both!
The Reading Literature resource includes:
- 26 mini lessons that address the ELA Reading Standards for the CCSS (see below for more detail)
- Descriptive chart of each mini lesson to help you plan
- 20 student-friendly standard posters
- Anchor chart
- file of mentor texts (2 chapters from 2 different novels, 4 poems, and 1 drama)
- the answer key gives you an example of how to use the mentor text — but you can use any text you like.
- Answer key & rubric
- Teacher checklist to aid in assessments
- Suggestions for teaching
The Reading Informational Texts includes:
- 23 Mini Lessons
- 20 standards posters written in student-friendly language
- three nonfiction texts that you can use right away to start teaching these skills!
- two versions of the entire product — one with beautiful watercolor borders and the other with cute black & white borders
- Answer Key using the nonfiction texts in the zip file. This will give you an idea of how to use the mini lessons with other texts. You may wish to choose your own nonfiction texts.
Each mini lesson includes:
- a manageable portion of the Reading standard
- easy-to-follow explanation of the standard
- A “Demonstrate your Understanding” that directs the student’s task for the day
- a portion of the page that can be cut off and used as an exit card or assessment
- a top portion of each mini lesson that can be glued into a notebook or put into a binder to create a reading resource
- a “Reflection Question” that focuses on higher order thinking skills and helps summarize the mini lesson
- differentiate lessons
- craft literature circle lessons
- create GATE activities
- create small groups, reteach skills, or move students on to more complex texts
- decrease scaffolding and increase independence
- provide additional support by repeating the lessons as often as needed to achieve student independence and increased text complexity
- assess mastery. Collect exit cards that can be used for formative or summative assessments
- increase confidence as students improve comprehension skills with difficult texts
Use this resource again and again with your favorite literature and informational texts!
This is going to save you so much time!!
You will receive two resources: 1. Informational Text Mini lessons 2. Reading Literature Mini Lessons
Please check out the preview to see what is included in this super, time-saving resource!