Everything you need to start book clubs today! This book club workbook will give you all the help you need — from setting up a reading schedule to what to teach and focus on each day! And, you can use with any novel — so it’s perfect for differentiation.
This resource is a real workhorse! You can use it all year and with any novel.
What teachers are saying about my reading resources:
- “Easy to navigate, thorough, and easily transferable to the standards we use. Would highly recommend!”
- “I want to start book clubs this year, so this product is going to help me so much!”
- “So many ways to track your readers and help them to understand what they are reading!”
This is what you’ll get:
- 40 page student workbook – You can print and bind the whole workbook or choose the pages you want your students to focus on.
- mini lesson plan schedule for you
- reading scheduler
- vocabulary collector
- author biography research graphic organizer
Reasons to love this book club workbook:
- Walks students through literary analysis – character, setting, theme, and plot.
- Simplifies book club mini lessons.
- Enables you to work with student groups while the whole class is engaged.
- Allows you to match students with the right text – while teaching the whole class literary analysis. Or use with a whole-class novel.
- Provides everything you need to get started TODAY!
- Includes teaching suggestions, student notes, practice, and examples.
- A resource that you can use all year!
- Great for reading workshop.
You can pull out any mini lesson in any order to teach literary analysis:
Part 1: Characterization
- what we learn
- minor characters
Part 2: Setting
- define setting
- physical setting
- time period & lifestyle
- emotional setting
- what did you learn?
Part 3: Theme
- what is theme
- theme practice
- identifying theme
- evidence to support theme
- what did you learn
Part 4: Plot
- exposition & inciting incidents
- rising action & climax
- falling action, resolution, and denouement
- what did you learn
Print and use the individual sections for book club meetings — or create a full workbook!
Be sure to check out the preview!
This is going to save you so much time!