Your students will have fun writing their autobiography and diving into SEL with this print or digital notebook. Each page includes a prompt. Students can work independently and at their own pace. They can dive into self awareness topics.
What you’ll get:
- print & digital notebook with 17 activities
- four editable Social Emotional Learning prompts
- opportunities to include photos
- expository, narrative, poetry writing, and research (interviewing adults)
- teacher resource with suggestions for use
Students will be writing about a topic they know so much about — themselves!
Plus, you’ll want to add this to your biography / autobiography reading unit — it’s a perfect fit!
These Autobiography Writing Prompts include questions that will encourage students to:
- interview and question family members (like how did I get my name)
- consider their strengths
- reflect on who they are using adjectives, nouns, and verbs
- set goals and dreams
- write down memories
- record their thoughts about the past
You’ll love this as a way to get to know your students. It’s self-paced so this is something your students can work on when they finish other work.
Use the SEL lessons for whole-class instruction or for warm ups/ journaling/ small group discussion.
Parents and families love this project — it makes a great keepsake!
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
- so flexible — print & digital
- ready to share with your students
- about a topic your students know well — themselves!
- great way to get to know your class — perfect for beginning or end of year activities
- a fun way to introduce SEL reflection
- self-paced – great for warm ups, literature centers, writing workshop, and homework
What teachers are saying about these autobiography writing prompts:
- “A+!! My students LOVED this!”
- “My 8th graders did a great job with this as a back to school activity.”
- “This will help me not only get to know my new group of students in the fall, but also lend itself to our study of the genre of autobiography AND help bridge their knowledge of Google Drive. I love this resource!”
When you download this resource you will receive a link to the digital notebook in the PDF.