Wondering how your next book discussion will go? Never fear! With these Print & Digital 101 book discussion questions, you will always have a prompt within reach! They can be used with any novel. You’ll find yourself using them over and over again to help your students strengthen their literary analysis skills.
This resource includes:
- 101 book discussion questions –> 20 on character, 20 on plot, 20 on setting, 20 on theme, 21 on literary elements, opinion, and structure
- tent “signs” for your discussion jar provides instruction for centers or workshop activities
- suggestions for using & directions for creating craft stick prompts
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
- Perfect way to keep book discussions interesting and focused
- Use all year …and for years to come!
- 101 prompts — lots of variety for your students
- Perfect for warm up, reading workshop, centers, fast finishers, free choice writing, and differentiation — just pull a stick and write
- Each prompt is numbered — making it easy for students to track what they’ve written about.
You will need to purchase wooded craft sticks (approx. 3/4″ x 5 3/4″). Assembly required: cutting and gluing. You’ll have book discussion questions that you can pull right out from a jar! There are enough choices for students to get their own questions — or groups/pairs can discuss together.
Or, you can print, cut, and allow students to glue or tape the prompt directly into their notebooks.
Take a look at the preview — and if you have a question, just send me an email! I’ll get right back to you!
With gratitude for all you do,